Friday, October 21, 2011

seattle driving

Today, I drove in Seattle for the first time. Five of us came up here for ZomBcon which we're going to tomorrow. I rented a Zipcar for the weekend to get us all here even if the Mazda III did make for a tight fit, I still managed to get us where we needed to be. The car had just over 2000 miles on it which is one great advantage to taking a Zipcar. It's in great condition and the gas is paid for. Plus, if I'm going to navigate around the biggest city I've ever driven in (which also has a reputation for horrible parking possibilities), it's good to be small and functional. The Zipcar has California plates too so if I make any mistakes, which I did, the Seattle residents can cuss out Cali.

We met up with Josie and headed out to Bamboo Garden where the food is great and strictly vegetarian. We followed that up by heading to the Streamline Tavern. I love exploring Seattle with Josie because she knows all of the best places to go that aren't touristy and packed. Plus it was all within walking distance from her house. After a LONG drive up here, I was ready and willing to walk. Hell, Jennifer and I even ran down Queen Anne Hill.

No comments: