Sunday, October 2, 2011

cascade aids walk 2011

 It's time again for the Cascade AIDS walk. This is my fourth year organizing it through work and, like every annual event that I enjoy, I had to amp it up a bit. I had everyone wear black again this year but I also brought matching red feather boas for the dogs. We had 12 people in the photo this year and five dogs, each wearing feather boas. It looked fierce and that's what matters. ;)

We weren't the only group that brought it though. A bunch of people were dressed as various superheroes. I didn't get pictures of all of them but one lady was a nice Mystique and a guy was a body painted Green Lantern who was only really wearing his undies. It's also just a fun, festive walk. As I annually do, I went to the diabetes walk last month and it's very tame compared to the AIDS walk. We queers really liven shit up! It was a great time and I got to meet Zilla, the lil pup pictured in the last photo. She was as big as Dean's snout. She wanted to play with him badly but I was afraid he would step on her and that would have put a damper on the day.

No comments: