Sunday, October 16, 2011

my bad day

Sigh, today started off well enough. The Mars Hill Church had it's first mass today in my neighborhood. This church opposes queers and yoga so they're really in the wrong neighborhood and, while I'm all for freedom of religion, I don't care for someone telling me that I'm wrong in my own backyard. So, I met the protest outside the church where we listened to a lot of Rihanna really loudly. It was fun and the day proceeded to quickly go downhill from there. I guess that's what happens when you start a day picketing a church.

Sophia and I went to Circa 33 where I have always been impressed with the food but today I tried the Breakfast Bruschetta for the first time and it was almost impossible to eat. To help fill me up, I ordered a biscuit that ended up tasting more like chemicals than food. After that, I headed to Seven Corners where Corey got me a new tire. It sucked having to buy a new one but at least he had one readily available and I'm sure he gave me a good deal on it but it was still $92 that I shouldn't have had to spend. Then, while biking the tire home on my other bike, I ended up wrecking. It was like a dark cloud was hovering me today. Hopefully, my luck will change tomorrow.

What else?
The one shining bit of today that shined through all of the dark clouds was that Zachary Quinto (Sylar from Heroes and Spock in the new Star Trek) came out as a gay man. That's enough to make the dark clouds part and that angels sing in my world. Thank you Mr Quinto! You have made my day.

Also, I finished the Y series. So good but so hard to let go.

No comments: