Sunday, October 9, 2011

marathon marching

I made up for missing the big Occupy Portland march on Thursday by attending today's solidarity march(es). I believe there were two marches originally planned today, one heading from PSU south park blocks and one heading from the Rose Quarter. Ashes, Nathaniel and I met Victory down there to try to cover the marches for Indymedia but then I ran into at least two other marches besides the two that were initially scheduled. Add on top of that the Portland Marathon which was going on at the same time and it made for a busy day.

Anyway, I bussed around for a while, trying to chase after the marches and I ended up just meeting them when they all came together at Natio Parkway, following the main group of Marathon runners. It was pretty impressive in size and I saw a lot of people there that I don't normally see at protests, including classmates from school and neighbors. Whatever becomes of this movement, it's good that people are finally paying attention.

Here is a quick youtube video of the march:



What else?
After a long day of marching and marathons, I met up with Justin, Jesse and Sophia for drinks and I got to ride in Justin's new car for the first time.

No comments: