Monday, December 22, 2008

the walkabout

What a day!

Despite the fact that we got several MORE inches overnight, I still got up at 5:30 am to begin walking to work today. Fate smiled on me and put a bus right in front of me on Holgate which allowed me to bus close to work. I just had to walk 1/2 mile in. Hell, I got there early. The Holgate bus was more like a rollercoaster though. I sat in the middle of the backseat and watched through the windshield as we fishtailed down the overpass! Weeeeee!

I stayed at work for a few hours, got a little bit of work done and a lot of blogging accomplished. After Ashes joined me, we decided to head downtown to finish shopping. After walking on the bridge (in the middle lanes where no cars were going) we headed on a trek around town, almost completely on foot. Our main destinations were the Lloyd Center, the Hollywood Fred Meyers, Alter-Nation on Hawthorne and then back home via walking down 39th. We began walking the sidewalks but soon decided the roads would be easier and took over one of 39th's four lanes. A few other walkers jumped off of the sidewalk and joined us. It was like a pilgramage or a moving herd. I was tired and cold by then but I loved all of the pedestrians!

By the time we got home, I was dead tired. I'm skipping work tomorrow!

No comments: