Tuesday, December 2, 2008

studying ms spears

Today, I studied the life and career of Britney Spears. I'm starting to get serious about That's So Gay trivia. And I'm not the only one.

Today is also Britney Spears' birthday and that's why she was the dominating topic of trivia night. I got an e-mail telling me that ahead of time from the trivia hostess Michelle because I signed up for her list. I notified my teammates and we actually went to Britney's wikipedia page to study up on her. Hell, I even made myself a cheat sheet of her discography. Alas, even with boning up on our Britney, we still weren't quite as queer as the rest of the crowd. We came in third...again. However, all of the scores were higher so I think that the other players are starting to get more prepared as well. Or maybe they're just more tuned into pop culture.

The shame of it all is that it's called gay trivia but it's more celebrity gossip trivia. True, a lot of queer culture involves a lot of celebrity pop culture but we're more than just an audience for the tabloids. It'd be nice if gay trivia would have a history category. Of course then it might not be as tounge-in-cheek fun but it'd make me feel better about my studying.

No comments: