Friday, December 19, 2008

i-panick


I am not a materialistic person but there are a few possessions in this world that I can't survive well without. My i-pod is one of them. While driving around to my stores yesterday, my i-pod shuffle ran out of power. I ran home quick and grabbed the charger. However, I forgot to bring it into the office when I headed back to work. That night, I went to plug the i-pod in and I couldn't find it. I tore my room apart and search all of my jackets and pants. Today, I searched my car, my office and even drove home in the middle of the day to look in the driveway but I couldn't find it. I was pissed.

I hate hate hate losing stuff. I bought the shuffle at Goodwill so it's not like I paid a lot for it but I use it a WHOLE lot. Compared to my last I-pod, this one has been pretty indestructible which made it highly valuable to me. It bugged me so much that I shopped around on the internet and I found a comparable i-pod at Freddies so I decided to go buy it new.

I don't like it as much. You have to plug it into a stand which in turn plugs into your USB port. My old shuffle plugged right into the USB port with no additional device. But it's all I got...until Sophia came over. My housemate picked her up in my car and brought Bastard and her back to our place. When she got out of the car, she spotted my shuffle on the ground. It survived overnight outside. I'm returning the new one tomorrow. It has more memory but it's not my old shuffle and any little music machine that can survive in the snow outside over night is the one for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I accidentally left a shuffle in my pocket and put it through a wash and dry cycle...and it still works! Those amazing little things are practically indestructible.