Thursday, December 11, 2008

back to school

My boss walked by me today and told me to come see her before I leave. Instantly, I'm thinking that I did something wrong and trying to come up with excuses for everytime I was on the internet or the extra errands I ran on my way to visit stores. It turns out that she wants me to get CRC (commission on rehabilitation counselor) certified. In order to do that, I have to have a Masters in counseling. Therefore, my work is going to give me a scholarship to go back to school.

I still have nightmares on occassion that it's close to the end of the semester and I just remembered that I had a class (usually biology) that I forgot about and it's too late to drop and now I have to face the professor. I'm not sure I'm ready for this.

However, I was reassured by my boss that the university that she wants me to attend has a great classroom structure and it won't interfere too much with my life or my job. And hell, in this economic market, it's not only reassuring that my boss and the president of the company thinks highly enough of my work to give me a scholarship but it's also comforting that they are going to invest more in me which will make me more of an assett and harder to let go.

So I'm going to do it!

No comments: