Saturday, December 20, 2008

acclimation


I pretty much accepted today that conditions weren't going to improve and I was gonna have to get in touch with my Midwestern roots and go play in the snow.

I've been putting off my holiday shopping and walking Dean until the snow melts down but we got dumped on again today. Before noon, I got out there and started shopping. I got most of it done on Hawthorne and then walked down to the liquor store and got my peppermint schnapps (to complete the mood). Then I walked back home. Dean and I headed to the park and he was thrilled. He ran up all batshit to other dogs at Reed and they bounded around each other, all excited over the snow. He hasn't seen that much snow in his life. We only spent one full winter in Nebraska together before moving up here. He LOVES it although I could easily see it wearing thin after a while. When we returned home, he had snowflake eyebrows and icicles hanging from his chin. But he had a big grin on his face too!

No comments: