Thursday, November 6, 2008

hideaway

When I was a waiter at Red Lobster in the mid-90s, our jackass boss kept getting on us about how people don't come there for the food, they come for the service and the atmosphere. And that's why I went back to Chaos today. Work has been hectic and I needed a getaway and I'll be damned if Chaos didn't do it again. There was different staff there at a different time. I sat in a different chair with a different view and ordered a different item (the roasted goat (cheese) wrap) and was completely satisfied. The environment and the staff were absolutely divine. I love this place. It feels so inviting. The food isn't drool-worthy but it's good for the price. The food is secondary to the place though. It's convenient that I can use lunch as an excuse to go there but honestly I could just sip on a coffee and be content as well.

No comments: