Sunday, November 2, 2008

gettin out of the house

On Halloween, we stopped at Palio's coffeehouse in Ladd's Addition for our mid-trick or treatin' break. As per normal, I hung outside with Dean while all the adults and kids went inside and got properly caffinated. Dean can usually hang outside by himself but Halloween is probably really freaky for dogs with all of the people out at night and all of the masks. After my crew started to come out, I left one of them with Dean and went inside.

If I have a superpower, it is the ability to be overlooked by wait staff and to have the prep people/cooks lose my order. After I saw one guy walk in two or three people after me and get his drink pretty much instantly, I asked if mine was coming up. The guy acted pissed I asked but the dude that took my order apologized a lot. Still, the coffee-making guy made the other guys drink first even though we both ordered an irish cream latte. I must have looked visibly pissed because I got a free drink card out of it. So today I went to cash that in.

I barely left the house yesterday. I didn't have any coffee either because it was a mellow mellow day of sitting around and getting thoroughly confused by The Prisoner. Therefore a four mile quest for coffee with the dog was in order. Normally, that would be an excessive walk with very little payoff but a free Huckleberry Mocha was totally worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i need to get out of the house more. all i do is work. other people are more fun.