Saturday, November 15, 2008

my grandpa's tools


My grandpa passed away 13 years ago. Last year, my grandma moved off of the farm and into a retirement home. Earlier this year, my family went to clean out their stuff. They asked me what I wanted and, aside from Grandma's car, I really didn't know. I basically just asked for some of his old tools just to remember him by. I wasn't actually thinking that I would use them. However, they came in really handy today.

We rearranged the living room today and used different shelving for our entertainment center. That meant we had to drill holes for cords. We tried the electric drills but they were out of batteries. We were going to wait for a while but my housemate remembered the old tools we had sitting in the back. I was really happy to actually use them. I've never used an old fashioned drill before but it worked really well!

No comments: