Friday, November 28, 2008

it's mii!


Meet my mii.

After playing the wii so much at work, it was pretty much inevitable that we were going to get one at our house. We bought it the Wednesday before Harvest Dinner but we didn't unpack it until today.

I haven't owned a video game system since the Playstation 2 which I sold soon after moving to Portland. I realized that video games were a form of escapism that I didn't need anymore. I've always been partial to Role Playing Games like Final Fantasy. While I had my characters climbing mountains or running along beaches, I realized that with a short drive, I could be doing that.

However, the wii is a bit different. We only have the sports wii game. I will never box in real life but it's really fun on the wii and it gets you active. I was all sweaty after a couple of rounds. Also after a night of playing tennis, my right arm aches like I just worked it out good. I'm going to have to figure out how to play left handed so I don't end up all Hellboy.

In the picture above, my mii is just about to bowl a six-pack (six strikes). That's something I've never done and probably never will do but it's fun to seem like I did it. Plus it's a lot cheaper than the golf course or bowling alley.

No comments: