Friday, October 31, 2008

samhain




It's All Hallow's Eve. I started the morning at 5:30 am, putting on a grease paint mask for my Robin costume for work. After a day of not itching my face, we went trick or treating with Dean as my Batman. Dean loves following the kids but I really think that he wanted to head up to every doorstep with them. After that, we went out to dinner and were surrounded by Fruit of the Loom characters. Then it was off to the party.

At this point, I could have probably called it a night and had every intention of leaving early but I was there to support my friends and there was the promise of fire. After a few bands and a DJ I wanted to help along, the
Burning Truth Tribe-Ritual performed. This was awesome. The fire dancing was great, the costumes were fun, the story pulled it all together and they had a diggerydoo. I love diggerydoos.

I ended up walking home at 3 am which was probably one of the high points of my night as well. It was a beautiful autumn night and my cape was flowing in the wind. I love Halloween (Samhain, All Hallow's Eve, whatever) just for the fact that it's socially acceptable to wear a cape.

No comments: