Sunday, April 20, 2008

a bad parent

When I was eight or nine years old, my parents left me. I was socially akward even then so I crawled onto the couch and lost myself in the TV while people were chit-chatting all around me at my great uncle's house. He only lived a few miles from my Grandma's farm so all of my cousins and aunts and uncles were there visiting all of the second cousins and such. After a while, I snapped out of TV land and began to wander around the house. My dad's cousin-in-law saw me and asked what I was still doing there. They called the farm and someone had to come back to get me. Everyone had assumed I was in someone else's car so it was understandable how they left me but I still give them a hard time about it.

Well, today, I lost all room to talk because I left Dean today. I walked to the gas station with him and my roommates and I walked back with only my roommates. When I entered the house and realized he wasn't there, I freaked and ran the four blocks back. He was fine, although he was a bit confused. I felt and still feel awful about it but he really didn't seem any worse for wear and I know it'll never happen again. At least I didn't have to get called about it.

(I am only kidding about the 'bad parent' thing. I don't really hold any grudge against my parents for forgetting me years ago but it's fun to throw it in their face every now and then.)

No comments: