Tuesday, March 4, 2008

morning comes

I love arriving somewhere at night and not realizing the full beauty of the location until the morning. Seven years ago, I was driving through Wyoming and I tried to find a place to stay in Casper. There was a rodeo going on so they told me to keep heading north. I went for a while until I got to a town late at night that had a few open cabins. In the morning, I stepped out of the cabin and saw Bighorn National Forest. It was a gorgeous moment that I will never forget.

Tonight I went to Netarts. My friend's boss has a beach house there that he lets his employees use for free and my friend was cool enough to invite me over. There was enough of us there the first night to get me to sofa city. Still, the sofa faced the deck windows and the above is the view that I woke up to in the morning.

(Okay, so I cheated and posted this post after the fact using a picture that I took the next day but it was too inspiring of a wake-up call to not document.)

No comments: