Saturday, March 22, 2008

dove lewis

I feel discriminated against from time to time for being queer and poor but also for having a dog instead of a kid. Whenever I have to take Deano to the vet, I tell work I have a doctor's appointment and I use sick time. I never say that it's for my dog because dogs aren't covered. I also don't have the option to have Dean on insurance through my work. I know that sounds preposterous but vet bills can be expensive. Hell, I had to take a promotion at work two years ago into a position I didn't want just so I could afford to get his teeth cleaned.

Today, I went to the Dove Lewis vet clinic with my roomies because she-kitty was sick. Fortunately she wasn't too sick and they didn't have to shell out a whole lot of money but it was still a good sum of cash gone for something that would have been a $20 co-pay through insurance if pets could be covered. Once there is world peace, no more governments, environmental stability and equal rights for everyone, I think that I'll start working on insurance for pets. ;)

No comments: