Saturday, April 21, 2012

good clean fun

Six months ago, before I went to ZomBcon, I gave Dean a bath, he fell in the tub and he sustained a knee injury which was horrible for both of us. He hasn't had a bath since then and Sophia hasn't said that he stinks at all but he felt dirty to touch. Plus, I got in the mood to clean the house yesterday and quickly surmised that Dean was the dirtiest thing in the place so I took him to Pawsitively Clean for the first time today and Andrew was happy to join us!

I'm a dork but I loved this. If we were characters on an 80s or early 90s sit-com, footage of washing the dog and us laughing while he shook off would be in the opening credits montage. It was a good setup too for Dean. I think he'll be getting a bath more often now.

What else?
On Tuesday, 4/17, Andrew and I ate and drank at the Delta.


On Wednesday, 4/18, I had my interview with next years internship at the county. I think I'll be working in the public guardianship department. It should be interesting although I'm a little nervous about the overwhelming cubicle culture there.

Also, I went to my class and forgot to lock my bike up. I came out of a class after 2.5 hours to find that my bike was still there. That, my friends, is a miracle.
 
On Thursday, 4/19, Jen, Donald, Andrew and I went on our first double date to see Cabin in the Woods. I love Joss Whedon and I'm so glad that he's finally able to demonstrate his full talent, outside of the television realm.
On Friday, 4.20, I went to Salem again to help them interview a case manager to hire down there. While there, I got to eat vegan calamari. They didn't get the shape right but the texture and flavor was close to what I remember.

And today, after the dog bath, we went to a BBQ at Andrew's friends' house where I got to meet more of them. I have a lot of friends so I think that it's important that he does too. It fosters a good sense of independence for each of us.

No comments: