Sunday, April 15, 2012

picking up where i left off

 Yikes. I don't think I've let my blog go by without updating it this long before. No, I haven't given up on it. School-boyfriend-work-life just got in the way. School is pretty much taken care of now and work has slowed down immensely so I'll be able to be a lot more up-to-date soon. I'm gonna proceed by doing weekly summaries until I am up to date.

I think part of the reason for me hesitating on updating the blog is that I don't really want to write about this next thing but I'm just going to sum it up. I went to the hospital on Friday, 4/13, with chest pains and shortness of breath. I biked to Long Haus, went into a mild panic attack and called 911 cuz I didn't know what the hell was wrong with me and I had just attended a CPR class yesterday in Salem so 'heart attack' was the first thing on my mind.

Really, I am a hypochondriac but the words of the CPR trainer surprisingly stuck with me, "It's free to call 911. It only costs when they transport you." I was hoping the 911 responders would just diagnose me with "Definitely Not a Heart Attack" and I could put it out of my mind but they didn't. They said that I should go to the ER.

Ashes & Victory drove me to the ER and Sophia (via my neighbor) came to meet us there. Andrew saw I checked in there through foursquare and asked for an update. He also later texted me the "L" word for the first time (not lesbian).

I had to go in and out of several rooms and have those sticky monitors placed on my hairy chest several times. I also had my first IV. In the end, they said that it almost surely wasn't a heart attack but recommended I take some heart relief medicine, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't heart burn.

As a result, I have been taking easy this weekend. On Saturday, 4/14, I met Andrew at Sound Grounds where I had yogurt and granola in determination not to eat any food which may have affected my heart and I said the "L" word back. Later on that night, I went to karaoke with Dom.

Today, I took it easy for the day and bought an expansion pack for Munchkin, a game Sophia and Xbox have got me into. It was silly and fun. Later, Andrew and I went to dinner, I pretty much realized it wasn't a heart problem and I got to end my weekend knowing that I was fine. So, I guess all's well that ends well.

What else?
On Thursday, 4/12, as I mentioned, I went to CPR class in Salem for the second year in a row. I went down with the same two co-workers that went down with my last year. This time, we ate at Super Pho which has fake calamari so I will definitely be back to try that.   

1 comment:

Eric said...

Damn, you had my heart racing just reading this! I'm really glad to hear that you're okay, and that you didn't quit updating :)