Sunday, April 29, 2012

cardio weekend

One of the many things that I enjoy about dating and specifically about dating Andrew is that he likes to get out and exercise. I can pretty much bank on at least one long bike ride during any given weekend. Yesterday, we biked up to Forest Park and then hiked up to Pittock Mansion for my first visit there. It costs to tour through and we weren't that interested in going inside but the view from the hill was wonderful.

On the way back down from the hike, I found out that Jen was going to see Wanderlust. I didn't know anything about the movie other than Jennifer Aniston was in it and I tend to like her in movies so we biked across town to Montavilla with enough time to grab some food at Ya Hala before meeting Jen and Donald at the movie. It was really good and funny. I enjoyed how it wonderfully illustrated my recurring nightmare about being forced to live in suburbs.

Today, for exercise, we biked 33 miles today in an effort to find the end of the I-205 bike path. It took us along the Clackamas River and we ended up biking back up river road. We stopped in at Duffy's Irish Pub for my first visit there and had a pint or two and then went into Sellwood. To reward ourselves for a lot of cardio exercise over the weekend, I made Andrew stop at Sock Dreams then and we each bought fun socks to reward ourselves for our adventurousness. (Pictured below. I got the Ape socks.)
 
What else?
On Friday, 4/27, my new thing was trying Herb's Mac & Cheese food cart which opened up not too long ago near me. It's a good thing that I'm exercising because I could see this being a habit. I had Mac & Cheese with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and Gorgonzola cheese sprinkled on top. Sooooo good. There goes my dream of getting abs before country fair.

No comments: