Sunday, April 8, 2012

50 mile road

Happy easter. Andrew and I celebrated the holiday by biking to Oxbow Park. I've never really appreciated this park before but biking to it makes you realize how close in and far out it truly is. It's amazing that this beautiful expanse which contains some of the last old growth resides shortly outside of Gresham.

All and all, it was about 50 miles ride + hike. In heading down into the park, we were rewarded by a tremendous downhill. While I loved the ease of it, I knew right away that I wasn't going to bike back up it. Instead, I suggested to Andrew that we hike up a quick path with our bikes to cut through back to the start.
Well, what goes down must go up. The path may have not been that long but it hiked up a steep hill/mountain. In retrospect, it probably would have been a lot more efficient just to walk our bikes back up the road. However we did get to immerse ourselves in some beautiful woods.

The ride back was nice too. We cut back through a shorter way, hitting Division and then later Stark. To top the night off, we went to Flying Pie Pizza. It made for a wonderfully, well-deserved meal. Best easter in a long while.

What else?
I was able to do the ride today because I spent yesterday in a ridiculous cleaning mode in preparation for Sophia to get home. I think I did an awesome job, being more thorough than I have since moving in last year.

No comments: