Friday, February 20, 2009

my favorite six miles


Having a birthday in February meant that my options were very limited as a kid. My sister, who's birthday is in August, always got to go to the zoo on her birthday. I had to do things indoors. However, we're not in Nebraska anymore.

Since being in Portland, my birthday has been fair-weathered. Sometimes it rains but that doesn't necessarily mean I can't be outside. Today was beautiful, 55 degrees and sunny. It wasn't actually my birthday today but it was the day I took of work to celebrate. It was my work birthday.

I started out the day with a doctor's appointment and a new doctor (my new thing). Then I had a burrito from my favorite place. Later, I grabbed Dean and headed out to the Gorge to do my favorite six mile hike, the Wahkeena Falls/Multnomah Falls loop (Trail 420). There was still snow on the trail (which is also something new) and the winter always changes the landscape with fallen trees and eroded paths. But it was all do-able and all worth it. I love this area!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trail 420, huh? Sounds like fun. hee hee