Thursday, February 5, 2009

brava!


Ahhh, the theater!

In high school and community college, I was involved in drama. I don't necessarily like acting but it was something I could do and it was an extracurricular activity so I went for it. My junior year, we did a stupid play which was completely forgettable and rightly so. I was a knight, Sir Cumference. My senior year though, we did a play called Up the Down Staircase which was a lot better. It was two years before Dangerous Minds but it was basically the same thing. I played a dropout. It was a good time.

Today I went to support my friends and neighbors as Sydney was in a play at her elementary school. It was The Kid Who Ran for President. Some of the kids, including Syd, were really good and I'm sure will be in many more plays that I will probably go see as well. Some of the kids remind me of me, not so good but still having fun with it. Brava!

No comments: