Saturday, February 7, 2009

digital killed the radio stars

I can't even recall the last time I had a walkman. It's been a long while. It bugged me for a while after I got a discman that it didn't have a radio connection. I think that they eventually made discmans with radio capabilities but they were definitely in the minority. By the time I got an i-pod, I completely forgot about walking with a radio. It seemed like such a foriegn concept, to not control what you're going to listen to on a walk. Now I've got Slacker.

Slacker is an application for mobile phones and your computer. I was able to put it on my blackberry today and now, I've always got music or comedy or talk radio. It stalls out sometimes and the blackberry can freeze on it's own but when it works, it's pretty sweet. I think there's a way for me to make my own radio station. I'll have to play around with it. If I didn't value my blackberry before, that's changed now.

No comments: