Saturday, February 14, 2009

the bar has been raised

I have found a fault in El Nutri Taco. They've set the bar for vegetarian food too high. Now other places seem mediocre. Before them, I would have found the Blue Moose Cafe to be a gem. Now they're just average. The decor of the place makes me think it should be located in Wyoming. So does the food.

It wasn't bad it just wasn't great. I had a burrito there and it could have been from Taco Del Mar and I wouldn't have known the difference except for the size. However, they do have a niche, their soups! When I went there today, they brought us a sampling of each of their soups which were fantastic. It's a great idea. Soups are cheap and, when they're that well made, they're gonna sell. I'd go back to this place if I was in the area. Maybe the sandwiches or the breakfast meals are good as well. But I won't be getting the burrito anymore. That part of my tastebuds and stomach are spoken for.

No comments: