Friday, June 20, 2008

this past week


I haven't written this week but I have been doing new things. Unfortunately, I would have rather not had to do any of it.

I just returned from a funeral at a LDS church in Vancouver, WA. The son of one of my co-workers and friends passed away on Saturday night. I didn't find out until I went to work on Monday morning. Much of my week has been spent thinking of her and her family. We passed the hat around at work and raised a good amount of money for her which was nice. I wanted to do more for her though and I had the opportunity as I picked up her work in addition to my own duties. I was more than willing to do it. In fact, I insisted and I wouldn't let anyone else help. I've been her backup at work and she e-mailed me on Monday and asked me to do a few duties.

I never know what to do when someone dies. This time it was exceptionally hard because her son was twelve years old and died in his sleep by unknown causes.

I just wanted to let everyone know why I haven't been writing.

No comments: