Monday, June 2, 2008

the kindness of strangers

There is a stark difference between ‘city folk’ and ‘country folk.’ City folk seem a lot more jaded and sarcastic. If you could turn sarcasm into energy, you could keep cities running on that alone. Everything does move slower in the country and it obviously has an impact on the disposition of those who live there. I feel it whenever I go back home. People are just so much easier going and seemingly more willing to lend a hand.

I got to meet the people whose land we were on and Dean got his first and hopefully last taste of an electric fence as he tried to chase a cow. Dumbass. The people were pretty cool, perhaps a bit flaky though. They did agree to let us leave the RV on the land for a bit and the guy is fixing the radiator for a small fee. The lady (I have to use genders because I don’t know names) had to head to town anyway so she gave us a ride home with the possessions that we absolutely needed. We were dropped off downtown and I had Dean so I couldn’t take the bus with everyone else. I had to walk home with Dean, my pillow and a bucket of dog food. I know I got some funny looks but screw the city folk and their attitude.

No comments: