Friday, February 22, 2008

songbirds

My very first kareoke song I believe was a duet with my friend Maureen. We sang Kung Fu fighting at the Backlot in Kearney, NE. It was awful...awfully fun I mean! My friend Chele hosted a kareoke night at a different bar so we'd frequent kareoke nights a lot. My favorite kareoke performance EVER was singing Baby Got Back in a cowboy bar in a college town on spring break after I came out to my friends. They had bass pumping and lights going and from the stage, I could see the dance floor packed and my friends Nett, Sarah and Scott in the front. It was awesome!

On Friday night, we went to Chopsticks to sing. I sang Adam Ant for the first time. Stand & Deliver is a tad bit too obscure for kareoke. I think that the key to a good song for me is something fun and familiar but not too common or predictable. Adam Ant didn't go over too well but I made up for it by packing the dance floor with George Michael's Faith. It's been one of my favorites. I would say I do it too much but then Dominic sang Mr Roboto which he also does often but at least he does it well!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I remember that night. You rocked Baby Got Back!!