Sunday, February 24, 2008

love'n the off-leash area

Another day, another embarrassment at the dog park.

This is one reason why I don't usually go to dog parks. I usually go to parks that aren't technically off-leash. When I moved to town, there were only a few off-leash spots in Portland parks. Then so sick SOB started putting poisonous hot dogs in bushes at Laurelhurst Park. They never caught the guy, even after he supposedly sent a communique to The Lucky Lab Brewery. In response, Portland decided to make off-leash areas in several more parks throughout the city. Portland values it's dogs.

Anyway, parks with off-leash areas are like roads with bike lanes. They usually mean nobody is going to screw with you if you stay in them but you have a lot more freedoms in areas without them. However, I decided Dean needed more canine socialization so we went to the Laurelhurst dog area. I know I've walked him around the park before but I don't remember heading to the off-leash area before. There, Horny McHumps-a-Lot found a black bulldog that he really dug to the point where I had to pull him off of the poor guy. Dean usually doesn't fancy non-human animals. He usually like guys that are wrestling around. At any rate, I don't think we'll be going back anytime soon.

No comments: