Wednesday, February 27, 2008

running on empty

I discovered another benefit of having a scooter over a car today. When you run out of gas, you're not stranded and screwed. You just have to walk your ride to the nearest gas station.

Cars have people at their mercy too easily. In order to really screw a person over, a car just has to stop. Not only is the person not going to get where they're going but it's going to leave them stranded with a large heavy chunk of metal they are responsible for and have to move. When you have a 1991 Lincoln Towncar Executive, it's no small feat to move it. Imagine my delight today when I could walk my ride with ease up the sidewalk to the nearest gas station. My gas gauge is broken so I had no idea I was that low. Luckily, it was an easy fix and a light-hearted story instead of being a fiasco. Go scooters!!!

(The pic is a faulty representation of my day. The gas station didn't run out of gas. I did. However, it's just a matter of time before it happens. The gas station nearest to my house alternates weekly between running out of gas and forgetting to renew their liquor license. They're human that way.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked lately, but a coupla weeks ago I asked duder at the (S)hell station when they were getting beer again, and he said "Don't hold your breath!" Funny shit. I also enjoy when they run out of gas.