Tuesday, February 12, 2008

the first cup

I'm always willing to give the underdog a shot. In this case, I wandered into a new coffee shop Cellar Door Coffee Roasters on SE 11th and Harrison and found out that it was their first day open. They seem really nice and I hope they do well but they are another drop in an oversaturated market, especially in that area. Hell, when I stumbled upon them, I had just exited one coffee shop because it wasn't the one with the couches that I like. I was looking for another coffee shop and I walked by at least three others before I saw Cellar Door. Honestly, I wouldn't guess they'll be around for that long.

The one thing they got going for them is they are serving Chainbridge Bagels. Chainbridge is one of the very very few reasons to venture towards Clackamas. And now, I don't have to because Cellar Door is just blocks from my work place. So, I will support them while they are here.

No comments: