Tuesday, February 26, 2008

the file den

At one point in my life, I know I was good with computers. I think it was when the school library just got Apple IIe's in. I remember being really intimidated by the Apple macs when we first got them. The only thing I was comfortable doing was changing the background image which was a small image (10x10 pixels or something like that) and emptying out the trash. I liked doing that because our computer science teacher had a program on all the computer where Oscar the Grouch would come out of the trash can and sing, "I love tra-a-a-ash!" whenever you threw something away. Unfortunately, it resulted in numerous necessary programs being thrown away just so people could hear Oscar sing.

Anyhow, I've slowly built up my computer skills again. I am still wary and hesitant to try anything new. For example, Justin sent me a thirteen (!) step process for compressing my photos from Europe and then posting the compressed RAR file online. I sat on these instructions for a good month before doing anything about them. Well, tonight, I finally did it and it wasn't as difficult as it looked at first. If you would like to check out the 351 files, you can download them through the following links but I think you have to have Win RAR on your computer first. You can download a "demo" of it that you can use for free.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/27/1783896/2007%20Europe%20Tour%20resized.part1.rar

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/27/1783896/2007%20Europe%20Tour%20resized.part2.rar

No comments: