Monday, February 25, 2008

out of the office


When I worked retail, any chance that I got to go outside on the clock was a golden opportunity. Going outside usually meant following the smokers on their break or going on lunch. Now, my job requires that I leave the office a certain number of times per week. Hell, it’s gotten to be where I usually enjoy the days where I don’t have to go anywhere more than I do the days when I have to be out and about.

Today I decided to do it different though. I don’t believe that it actually says anywhere in my job description that I have to use motorized transport when I go out but that the accepted norm. I needed to go downtown today for a meeting but I didn’t feel like driving even with my scooter. So I rode my bike. I bet I could have raced someone and made it there quicker when you factor in finding parking. Plus I don’t have to pay for bike parking!

It was an awesome day to bike and a great day to be downtown. My meeting lasted up until lunchtime. Then I took some extra time and just walked about the city. It was a great way to start the week.

No comments: