Saturday, February 2, 2008

ready to strike


I was raised in a bowling alley. Well, I was practically raised in one. In Hartington, NE, my parents were at Cedar Lanes Bowling alley a lot! I can remember running around the bowling alley, hanging out in the bar in the basement and falling asleep on the bench where the lockers were. Overall, it was a lot of good memories. Bowling was one “sport” that I actually like. I compare it a lot to golf and by comparison, I like bowling a LOT more.

Throughout college, I would go to the Big Apple Bowl in Kearney NE, particularly on Cosmic Bowling nights. I’ve gotten so used to bowling that way that it has become difficult for me to bowl without a black-light, pumping dance music and other party lights.

I went to AMF Bowling Center on Powell for the first time tonight for their “Extreme” bowling which is just another name for Cosmic bowling. It was a whole lot of fun with the people that I went with and I need to do it more often. Maybe I’ll even get my own ball.

No comments: