Friday, November 18, 2011

the pregnant lady special

Not drinking alcohol has been interesting but I'm sure glad it's done tomorrow. Yesterday, a group of us went to My Father's Place where I ordered a tea for the first time at a bar. Today, Jessica and I went to the Horse's Brass where I ordered an awesome root beer. When Sophia was gearing up for yoga competition, she used to ask bartenders to make her the pregnant lady special in order to get a unique non-alcoholic drink. I don't think I can pull that off. The less fun version I guess would be to ask for the designated driver drink.
I haven't hated the experience but I'm sure glad it's been a week already. I almost counted the 'week' to be over at 6pm tonight since my last drink was 6pm on last Friday but, no, I can hold out for tomorrow. Jenn and I are drinking mimosas!

What else?
Jessica and I went to a movie called The Way which was only really worth the pretty scenery. It was kind of like watching the Discovery Channel except Martin Sheen, Emilio Estevez and several character cliches get in the way of the view.

I got my Christmas bonus today. The way I figured it, it's two thirds of the hourly salary of the president of the company. Yep, it takes me three days to make what he makes in an hour. Today, I literally had to pick up shit. This sucks.
 

No comments: