Friday, November 4, 2011

dog bones

Dean has been limping really bad for a few weeks now. This morning, I touched his right hind leg and he yelped so I figured he broke something. Initially, I thought it was just arthritis but since there was a definite tender spot, I thought maybe it would be treatable.

I took him to the vet and they decided that they wanted to X-ray him. They told me it could possibly be bone cancer which I really wasn't prepared to deal with. They showed me the X-ray so I got to see his bones which were actually in good shape. They said his hips look great which was a shock. Thankfully, it was just a partially torn ligament on his knee. The vet gave me some meds for him and told me to keep him on short walks for potty purposes only for the next two weeks. I also have to ice his knee daily which I did tonight for the first time. $333 later, I have a dog that's on his way to recovery. It's been depressing watching him limp around the house. Hopefully, this will make us both feel better.

No comments: