Monday, November 28, 2011

hold the pork please

Sophia went with me to Pambiche, a Cuban restaurant here in town for my first time. Pambiche doesn't have a great vegetarian menu but it does have really good and different food. I ate some root thing. I'm not sure what it was but I really liked it.

However, I didn't like the fact that a fully uniformed (gun and all) cop sat right next to me during the whole meal. His gun was right next to me and Pambiche is tight quarters inside so it was waaaaay too close for comfort.

What else?
On the flip side, I enjoyed an awesome pig-free vegetarian gyro from DC Vegetarian today. I miss gyro meat. When I was at UNK, I lived close to a laundry mat/gyro place. Since I stopped eating meat, I haven't had a gyro that came as close as today's did to Nick's Gyros in Kearney.

No comments: