Saturday, October 11, 2008

the diabetes walk

Today I took my first big walk-a-thon walk. This one was easy. All I had to do was tell a co-worker that I wanted to do it and he signed me up. It was for Diabetes and a good co-worker arranges it every year. Last year I was in Europe so this year I decided to do it. That and he agreed to be on my AIDS walk team so I pretty much had to do his walk too. It sucks that he signed up 12 people but only four showed up but I like everyone that I walked with so that was nice.

For this walk, there was a 1-mile, 3-mile or 6-mile option. Each walk gained the same amount of money ($100 from my work) but we felt ambitious so we did the six-mile. Six mile city walking really isn't that much and it was through an area that I never walk in. It was a beautiful Saturday morning for a walk in the brisk early autumn air. What a fabulous way to start a weekend.

No comments: