Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cascade AIDS Project Walk 2008



This was awesome.

When I signed up for this walk during the last pride, I didn't think that it'd be this big or that I'd get any more people involved but there were all were. I brought up the idea to my job's marketing department and asked them if they thought that I could get employer sponsorship on the AIDS walk. They wrote me back on Monday and told me that I could get $100 per person (like yesterday's walk) so I had to find people. I ended up sending it just to those in my department and then I asked a guy at one of the stores I look after and I ended up with seven people, two spouses, two kids, one friend and a dog (Dean).

It was a beautiful thing and I ended up being able to have part in $740 being donated to this great organization. The $700 was from work. The $40 was from friends and family. (Thanks Sarah and Eric!!!) AIDS isn't a gay disease but this was definitely a queer and queer positive event. It was a parade that truly made me proud. (Plus Dean walked the five kilometers and was just fine afterwards!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Deep in the heart of Gresham!" CLAP CLAP CLAP