Tuesday, October 21, 2008

great scot!


Today, I explored my Scottish heritage. There's just one problem. I'm not Scottish. Still, I want a kilt and I decided to check out the Scottish Country Store and browse the kilts. However, they didn't have 'kilt' browsing available but if you know what clan you belong to, the lady at the counter could give you an estimate on the cost. Just so I didn't appear like the tourist I was, I answered, "Yes," when she asked me if I was Scottish. The story evolved to my mom being part Scottish and our name's Gregory. Don't ask me why I chose Gregory but I found out that they belong to the MacGregor clan (duh) and their hunting tartan is a beautiful burgundy and forest green plaid. Unfortunately, it costs around $300 on the cheap end and $550 on the high end. Luckily my mom's a seamstress and could make me one for a lot cheaper. Maybe she can get in touch with her Scottish heritage then.

No comments: