Thursday, October 9, 2008

virtually working

In the early 90s, virtual reality seemed like it was going to take over everything. I was sure that by now, we'd all be sitting around with big clunky goggles on, virtually working, taking vacations and interacting. Fortunately, I'm wrong a lot.

However, the Wii does seem like a step towards that, except for the goggles. Today, we did a 'team building' exercise after work where three co-workers and myself stayed an hour late to bowl. I realize you can play the game by flicking your wrist from a seated position but what's the fun in that? We were doing the full motion, trading off the remotes like one would take turns with a bowling ball. It felt all too real if I would've had a beer and uncomfortable shoes on. I want a Wii!

The above pic is a screen capture of the Dude who was bowling in the lane next to us.

No comments: