Thursday, August 13, 2015

self-care day

In my social work graduate program, they were big on coming up with a self-care plan. This was mine.

It was a stressful week (and it's not even over yet) and I needed a day to recollect myself so I took today. I leisurely got up and made myself breakfast, watched some Supernatural, and then took Ava to the river where we sat and listened to cover songs and beach music. I didn't swim but waded in the water quite a bit. On the way back, we definitely explored new-to-me land as we tried to bushwhack our way thru a shorter path and ended up getting caught in some blackberry bramble. I gotta give the dog credit. She's always down for an adventure.

The day did it's job and it gave me perspective. I like being able to do this and I want to continue to work at a social work place that understands the need for self-care days. I also don't want to work at a place that would require me to wear pants because this damn heat still hasn't let up.

No comments: