Sunday, August 9, 2015

from garden to grillin

When we bought our house last year, we were happy to find that there were large tomatoes already growing in the garden boxes. The house has a watering system on a timer so they were cared for and ready for us when we were ready to move in. Andrew's been working hard to cultivate a garden that produces food and is also functional this year too. For the last several meals that we've made at home, tomatoes have been a prominent ingredient. I daresay that we have too many tomatoes but it's just made me expand my culinary resume to include more tomato-laden recipes.

Today, I made tomato, veggie sausage, and pecorino pasta which also included fresh basil which Andrew got from the garden. Next year, I am going to insist on potatoes and possibly onions because I love pulling food out of the yard. It tastes so much better!

What else?
We went on the people's preview of the Tilikum Crossing. It was cool to be able to cross it but there were WAY too many people. It will be a blast when the hype dies down. Also, today was the BridgePedal so there was an excessive amount of garage cyclists (people that pull their bikes out of their garage a few times a year for big events like this). It was annoying and as goddess as my witness, I will never ever participate in a BridgePedal.

No comments: