Wednesday, August 26, 2015

a true original

Today was exhausting but it was all worth it.

I took Ava to work with me so we could go straight to her blood donation after work. She did a great job this time and was completely relaxed as she donated. I was so proud of her. Then, I ran her home and had 10 minutes to sit down before I had to go to the gym. After my workout, I biked home again, showered, walked Ava, then biked downtown to meet Andrew for dinner before going to PHAME's first original performance.

The play was wonderful. It's my friend Jessica's last production with them and it was a triumphant note to end on. The performances were great, the story was fun and interesting, and the music was delightful. It's so exciting and it really really makes me miss direct work with customers. Before the play and during intermission, this girl kept referring to me as "button-down shirt" and grabbed my collar at one point to see what label was on my shirt. I probably should have informed her that it's not appropriate behavior but after working at GW, I'm used to people grabbing me and I just laughed it off.

As delightful as it all was tho, I am exhausted. I need some good down-time, some me-time. I think I may have to schedule that in tho if I want it to happen.

What else?
On Sunday, I was in the mood to clean so I did a deep-cleaning of the house, even wiping down the railing of the stairs for the first time. If I had been the one to decide, I wouldn't have painted the railing white.
On Monday, I met another PA from a different brokerage as we all got together to come up with housing solutions for our customers.

On Tuesday, I met a delightful huskie-mix at Mt Tabor dog park as Ava and I hung out there for a while during the afternoon. I also talked to our new 401K rep at work. It's weird to think about retirement but I hope my retirement consists of a lot of dog parks.

No comments: