Sunday, January 11, 2015

skunk drink

Three years and three days ago, Andrew and I play our first game of cribbage. Since then, we've played countless games and come up with new ways to make it interesting. As of right now, we have 6 different ways to earn drinks in the game, one way to earn a meal, and two ways to earn a paid trip to the coast (which nobody has done yet). Additionally, we have recently stipulated that earned drinks should be collected at local venues as a way to force ourselves to try each and every local place. Today, it was my turn to collect a drink and I chose NWIPA as the venue.

It has a few beers on tap and a great selection of bottled beers, mostly (if not all) local. I tried a good cider with quince and some other things in it. Andrew had a riot cider which is made by a friend of a friend. We'll definitely be headed back there when we just need some good quality beers (and possibly even when it's not owed thanks to skunking our opponent at cribbage).

What else?
I just finished the last book in the Magicians series by Lev Grossman. I loved it. It was about a guy who never really outgrows his obsessions with fantasy novels, relying mostly on using the Narnia series for inspiration (followed closely by the Harry Potter series). I could definitely relate to it and the author had a great voice for each individual narrator. I'm going to miss it though but I'm ready to move on. I have a long list of books I want to read in 2015 and I can't wait to get started.

No comments: