Saturday, January 10, 2015

house husband auditions

 When I was a kid, I used to get upset at the idea of cleaning for company coming to visit. I would insist that it was unnecessary because they knew that our house typically wasn't spotlessly clean. However, my mom insisted. Around 7th grade, I remember visiting a friend's house & being appalled by his carpet. They had at least one white cat &, when I dropped a piece of popcorn on the ground, it came back covered on hair. I think I complained less about cleaning after that.

Fast-forward 24 years and I love cleaning day on the weekends. Admittedly, I was not the cleanest housemate in Long Haus or Muffin HQ but I stepped up to the challenge when Andrew & I moved in together. We split some of the responsibilities but I chose vacuuming.

When we moved from the Burnside house to our current one (which I call Ebeo), we gave up a lot of storage space so we also gave up a lot of unnecessary items. We deemed the vacuum cleaner (which I fought with constantly anyway) to be one of those items. I thought it made sense since we didn't have any carpet and I could shake out the rugs. It turns out that an off-white dog, a gray cat, and striped rug don't mix well and I couldn't keep up so today, I bought a Shark.

The Shark Pet Perfect is a lil purple off-brand dirt devil, specifically designed for pet hair. I got it almost 50% off with sales & coupons and it was purple so I had to get it. I'm one step closer to becoming Marie from Breaking Bad.

Anyway, like the good house husband I am aspiring to be, I clipped my coupons to buy a cute purple vacuum cleaner. And now, I don't have to fear when my popcorn lands on the carpet...not that I'd get a chance to grab it before Ava did anyway.

No comments: