Friday, January 30, 2015

house party pooper

Tonight, I went to a friend's new house for the first time, met some of his friends, played with a lil black lhasa apso named Pepper (my favorite part of the party), and talked to the handful of people with whom I was previously acquainted.

It's a beautiful house & the friend is a great guy but I had no clue what to do with myself at the party. The dog was the only animal there & the other party-goers wanted to pet him too so I couldn't hog the dog. Normally, I would sink into a couch or cushions on the floor & wait for people to come to me but the house didn't have a couch yet. I ended up eating too much cake (3 different kinds of chocolate cake) and feeling disgusted with myself for it.

I love a good get-together and I can enjoy s fun dinner party but this just wasn't for me. In fact, I told Andrew afterwards that I don't think I want to host a house-warming party anymore. At least I know my limits.

What else?
I wanted to write more about my dream yesterday morning. I'm a lucid dreamer so, if things are going wrong in my dreams or I just can't deal, I wake myself up. In this dream, the world kept falling apart with meteors & volcanos & the whole shebang. And I just gave up. I thought, fuck it, I'm gonna see where this goes. I ended up being led into heaven by this guide along with a handful of other people. This heaven more closely resembled a cave in an island and inside, it was like Pleasure Island from Pinnochio. I thought that it would do but I was a little disappointed. I mean, it was better than living in a world falling apart but I'm surprised my subconscious couldn't do better.

No comments: