Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015: the Future is here

In Back to the Future 2, Marty goes to the year 2015. We haven't got hover boards yet (there's still time) but I feel like we're a lot further along than I realized. I'm on my way back to Nebraska and have a short layover in MPS so I decided to eat & charge my laptop. I saw Volante which has outlets at each of their tables (which is a lot better than anything Denver's airport has) and I sat down for a taste of the future. A waitress directed me to a table which has an iPad like every seat does. On this iPad, I ordered my drink, food, & paid. Now I'm using it to update my blog. 

This is all so weird. I don't think of myself as a Luddite but I feel like a caveman with a lighter. While I think I may miss the personal touch of a waitress, I do like the iPad. This caveman may be looking to upgrade to a torch this next year. Welcome to 2015.



No comments: