Thursday, December 15, 2011

right down peacock lane

Every month for work, I have to find an activity outside of work to give to the clients as an option to do for integration purposes. Every year in December, I print off something about Peacock Lane. It's reputed to be quite an attraction in town but I had never been to it. It seems too family-oriented for my taste but, since I've moved only a few blocks from Peacock Lane, I decided that I had to see it this year.

Peacock Lane stretches a handful of blocks between Belmont and Stark Street. Every year, they make a spectacle of their street and practically every house puts up a crazy amount of lights. My high school best friend's dad used to do the same thing and everyone would look forward to seeing his display (except his neighbors, I imagine).  But this is more than just one house, it's one street. Tonight was the first day that it was on display and it was closed to vehicle traffic so we got to walk in the streets. Sophia, Ashes, Victory, Tim, Raven and I all walked around, half of us with hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps in a mug.

I enjoyed the displays that were homemade, specifically the hand-painted Muppets display pictured above and then the interactive Peanuts display as well. Also, the caroling group of pirates were fun. I'm just largely in favor of shutting down a street to traffic, no matter what the cause. I'm glad I finally got to experience this though. It got me in a festive mood.

No comments: