Wednesday, December 21, 2011

ave maria

This is Andrew's cat Maria. I wasn't really expecting to see Andrew before Christmas so I hadn't planned on getting him a gift. However, when he asked me yesterday if we could go out today, I decided that I should at least get him something...for his cat. Andrew and Maria moved to a new apartment this month so I got her a housewarming/Christmas gift. Yeah, I probably should have gotten him something as well but it all worked out because it was a small but thoughtful gift and he didn't get me anything either. I'm glad we don't feel obligated to do that kind of thing. I think that we're both Billy Goats.

What else?
On Monday, 12/19, I went to Stone Cottage for the first time. Sophia has some pink Himalayan rock salt when I moved in and we've gone through all of it. However, I became addicted and had to restock. Stone Cottage is pretty much filling the shoes of Limbo since they went out of business. I rather like it and I'm sure I'll go back for more spices someday.

On Tuesday, 12/20, I bought a bunch of Christmas gifts, going into all sorts of shops that I normally don't frequent. However, I can't say that any of them were particularly new. What was new was the dinner I had by myself at Hedge House. I don't like dining alone, especially in a place like Hedge House which is more of a restaurant than a bar but I was craving their Sockeye Cream Stout.

Tonight, Andrew and I also went to the Sweet Hereafter where I had their Shepard's Pie for the first time. Meh, I'll stick with the Buffalo Sub from now on.

No comments: